Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Something I forgot...

This post goes along with my other post, just something I forgot to mention. Victor made a comment about/posed a question about the music in the movie and the actual meaning of the movie. I understand what he was saying and can easily see that the movie is showing how stupid, for lack of a better word, war is. What is the point of lining up, although modern wars do not have real front lines or battlegrounds necessarily, and killing each other. Most soldiers do not know what they are shooting at, why they are shooting, or who they are killing. War does not prove anything other than the stronger power will generally dominate and win. What does this accomplish? Why don't the policy makers simply fight it out using words? Or maybe policy makers and world leaders should fight in an arena like roman gladiators. At least this way the people fighting the war would know what they are fighting for. I hate that policy makers sit safely behind desks and send thousands of soldiers to "fight for our country" although in most cases, the country that is invaded has posed no actual threat. It is all about "Preemptive" strikes, which just doesn't make sense. To me it is like going to the doctor to get antibiotics before you have an infection and saying "oh well I'm taking these just in case I might have an infection". Why take the antibiotics before you get a blood test? War is the same way. Why attack a country that you THINK is a threat before fully understanding what is going on? In the end, I feel this is a question that will never be answered. While world peace is a wonderful idea and I wish more than anything that it could exist but it is simply impossible. People will always fell threatened and thus nations will always be at war. A sad and very stupid fact, but it is true.

1 comment:

  1. Vaccines...

    Penicillin is also used to prevent infection.

    ReplyDelete