Thursday, December 17, 2009

Beheading the Cat

This story was highly confusing to me and yet rather interesting. For me, Nadine represented the freedom that woman should have no matter what culture they are in (no matter how extreme hr character was). On the other hand we have our main character, someone who feels he is a man and should get what he wants and so on. She is sort of his cryptonite in a way, something he wants so badly and yet he wants her to be his submissive wife. He is intimidated and afraid of her and yet wants her so badly. Why? This doesn't seem to make sense. Why would anyone want to be with someone like this. For me, it seemed like he needed balance. I feel that everyone needs balance in their life and to me, this story was a representation of that belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment